Wednesday, June 20, 2007

newest Sorenson Baby




Here is my 8th grandchild. Born yesterday at 10:11 am at 8lb 15 oz.

Her name wasn't decided as of this morning but she is a darker version of Maya I think.

She was breech and it is a good thing that Patty had the c section as the doctor said there is no way she could have come the regualr way as big a baby as she was. her little legs were straight up next to her ears in what i like to call the tri-pod position. She didn't bend them for a few hours after the birth and she didn't like the light in her eyes as she kept putting her arm up over them. She was very alert from the first.


Jacob, Maya and I were there when the doctor handed her to Jesse to carry into the nursery and they enjoyed watching her be weighed and poked and measured.

Patty is doing well but has been dizzy and tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT NEWS!
Am so glad to hear that Patty is well despite complications. And that baby is really beautiful. Well done, Sorensons. A lovely addition! Am eager to hear what name you choose.
I guess I'm up next to bat...
CONGRATULATIONS!

Dawna said...

I just realized I hadn't commented on these beautiful pictures. How thrilled I was to get them. Shame on me. Thanks so much! I need to fiind the way to transfer to my picture site so I don't risk losing them. Love Grandma