Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wonderful Time

All -

That weekend was wonderful. As a kid it was always one of the highlights of my year, to come see you guys (not much has changed as an adult), but never did I imagine that it would become one of my kids favorite things to do too. And it is. Ethan and Maren were in heaven and when I suggested we would come back just before Christmas, they were delighted.

That is an announcement, by the way. Slade and I will be coming in on the 17th, I think, just in time to celebrate Grandma's birthday. My parents will be arriving in SL on the 18th, shortly before my cousin's wedding (which will be on the 20th). Cathy, DeeAnn and Grandma will remember my aunt Catherine - it is her oldest son who is being married. (This is lovely for me, since traveling to UT is substantially less trouble than going back to France!). We plan on hanging out with the rest of you when we are not occupied with the wedding. My mother is particularly eager to see you all again so perhaps we can plan a get-together?

Do you love how I tell you to plan parties for me?

Maybe we can plan on celebrating Grandma's birthday on the 18th? I nominate Candace as the official family baker. Is this a good time to place my order? Cheesecake, carrot cake and pie, please. Oh, and whatever Grandma wants too.

I'm kidding (umm, sort of). I just wanted to let you all know that we were coming back into town and will want to see you again. I'll be in touch as soon as I have a better idea how wedding plans will shape up.

In the meantime, I am glad to see so many great pics on the shutterfly account. Don't forget that we are all sharing one account, so hurry up and place your orders (Candace!) so others can get in and use the cart for the photos they want to develop. Just don't forget to add your mailing address to your order unless you want your pics to be sent to someone else. Candace, you are the lucky winner of the first 50 free photos Shutterfly offers on new accounts. Don't hesitate to use them.

See you all soon!

Jennifer

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad to hear you are coming! We should plan a little sleigh riding in my moms back yard with the kids, they would love it. I'll mark it on my calender. I would really like to be down to see you mom again. Are either of your brothers going to make the trip from Texas?? I agree with you and the baking.....I could really use some carrot cake :)

Jill said...

Yeah! So exciting! You know how we love a party! It will be so great to see you and your family again. And yes, I have to agree, we will need some Candace baking. She has a new treat and oh my I could go on and on. I'm hoping she is going to post something about it on her blog, but it is her best yet!

candace said...

Okay, so I get the impression that you all like it when I bake. That works out good for me since I love to do it, and I need people to share with. I can't wait to see you again, tell Slade I'll cover dessert if he wants to make fajitas again. Count us in for any kind of party! On a different note. I already ordered from shutterfly. Did I do it right? I am still learning and if I made it so others can't order I will feel terrible! How can you tell if you get the 50 free pics? Maybe I should just order them and make an album for grandma. Jen, let me know what I need to do, and when I need to use them by, if you don't mind. See you soon!

Jennifer said...

candace - your order went though just fine and anyone else who wants to order can do so. don't worry about the 50 free prints. thats what you get for being on top of things!

i wouldn't hold your breath for slade cooking fajitas again though... not for awhile, anyway. its too hard to get the amount of meat we need!