Friday, January 18, 2008

wedding and reunions

Esme and Neva

M&M
E and Ava

Maren, trying to persuade Sophia to smile


Dan, Cassie and Esme in France
Kris, Crystal and Carina at Morgan's reception

Slade, Morgan, Sarah and Jennifer
Its really hard to decide what to post. I have 50 things to talk about and 500 photos to illustrate! Christmas was nice but the highlight of this past month was Morgan's wedding and the blessing it was to be together (for the most part) again. Our traveling went smoothly, but only because Murphey unleashed all his power against Crystal and Kris and had nothing more to spit out at us. And while its true that most everyone involved with the wedding came down with the stomach bug, at least it passed in a day or so! I'm forgetting to mention the jet-lag. Attending weddings at 4am is a different experience for me and I say thank goodness for concealer and eye-drops! Jetlag did make for some fun midnight encounters, though. It seemed there was always someone up at some point in the night because none of us could sleep.
Despite all this, the wedding was really lovely and I'm SO grateful that we were able to go.
And we're happy to welcome Sarah to the family too. She is a lot of fun. You know, growing up I used to complain about not having a sister and now I have a whole bunch of them and they are all past the point of stealing my clothes or my boyfriends.

We were so glad to see Cassie again in Austin. She brought her girls down to see Ethan and Maren before we came back to Sacramento and we all spent a great afternoon at Grandpa Kerby and Nana Bella's house roasting hotdogs and goofing off.

Kerby and Isabella are in full baby preparation mode. Their house is under renovation and thats not the only thing expanding... Poor Isabella is feeling every bit of this pregnancy but is looking good. Spirits are high too, and I happen to know that makes a very big difference!

Now I am home again and getting back into the swing of my routine - the good and the bad - and am starting to make plans for the next reunion. Maybe in August? Lets get moving on those plans, folks!

Jennifer






2 comments:

Lisa said...

How great that you were able to be with all of your siblings again. I always feels so bad you don't get to see each other very often. I am always so grateful that when we make the trip home I know I will be able to see everyone! Sounds like you had an adventerous trip. I am anxious to here what happened to Kris and Crystal.

Andrea said...

Looks like you had a great time. Such cute kids!A reunion this summer would be so fun. It has been so long since we were all together and so many babies ago!! : ) We have been watching some of my moms old family videos of all the cousins hanging out in the summers pretty funny, everyone needs to see them they are a hoot!!