Wednesday, December 10, 2008

gauntt house

kids did this one on their own - yes, slade and i preferred to forfeit any award we might receive for outstanding gingerbread house decorating in favor of a nice sunday afternoon nap. and that doesn't make us bad parents, either.
i'm not even going to ask what happened to ALL THE OTHER candy i provided for their decorating needs. i even had stuff to landscape their yard (which is on the back). sigh...
despite this, we think it turned out pretty cute and we are very happy ethan and maren get along so well that they could work together on this little project and have a great time.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I am impressed that you could leave your two kids alone with a gingerbread house and candy, I would be to afraid of what my kitchen might look like when they were done. Way to go Ethan and Maren it looks great!

Lisa said...

Looks like fun, Sound like my family needs to get with it and decorate a gingerbread house! I will post pictures when we do.

Jill said...

WE ARE DECORATING OURS ON SUNDAY. I THINK I WILL TAKE THE SAME APPROACH---LET THE KIDS HAVE AT IT.