Thursday, July 26, 2007

diaper dilemma

Scene: Jen is changing an offensive diaper. Ethan is standing by, watching with an utterly digusted look on his face:

E: So thats how you change a diaper?
J: Yep.
E: Its the grossest job ever. I am NEVER going to do it. The mother will change diapers.
J: I can almost guarantee that your wife will not stand for that. She'll say, 'Ethan, its your turn', just like I say to Slade.
E: I think I won't get a wife because then I get babies and toddlers. Then I can keep all my money. (pause). Is it better to get a family?
J: Your dad thinks so. What do you think?
E: (bursting out in tears) But I really don't want to change gross diapers!

5 comments:

Cassie Stewart said...

this is about the cutest thing i've ever heard- and i can totally picture ethan and his little expressions :)
cassie

Anonymous said...

today he informed me that he thinks he has fleas. last week he asked me if there were fleas in california and if so, how many were there?

Dawna said...

well I must say that is the best laught i have had in a long time. He has an amazing analetical mind. Yes Cassie so can I picture his little face.
Tell him when he gets a little baby he will love it so much that he doesn't mind changing it at all. even if it is gross.
Grandma p.s. i love your inovatiion and ability to do it. DeeAnn and I both think you should write a childrens book and use all the things he says and you have such a great way expressing everything.

Anonymous said...

wow. thanks for the compliment. its really a very good thing that he says so many funny things, because lately i have been wound up so tightly and so impatient with so many things. he provides breaks from that when he makes me laugh.

mariah said...

aww gosh i miss you guys so much!