Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Provo River 1/2 Marathon

The Provo River 1/2 Marathon just happens to be the same weekend as our family reunion in Utah. I just thought I would see if anyone would be interested in running it while we are all in town. The race starts at 7:00 am so we could be done and back to Payson by 9:30 or so. Here is the link to the race if you want to read more about it. I did the race last year and had a great time. It is mostly down hill but not very steep. The course in on the Provo River trail which is paved for most of the race. It usually fills up early so if anyone is interested we would need to register soon.
http://www.trailrun.com/trun/showdetails.cfm?event=55&state=UT

Just leave a comment and let me know if anyone would be interested.
Thanks,
Lisa

8 comments:

Colby Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colby Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

this is a grand idea! but does it conflict with jesse's bike race? imagine if we all entered! we would have the most health-conscious and athletic-minded reunion in the history of family reunions!

i dunno about running - i'm not sure i could make myself ready in time! i might need a substantial amount of peer pressure.

Cassie Stewart said...

I'm in!

Jennifer said...

wow cassie. do you just run these things for fun or something?

cate - did you chicken out?

Andrea said...

Sorry lisa I'm afraid I'm a wimpy runner, 5K is tops for me. Jesse was asking me about it maybe he an Curt would be in?

Colby Alexander said...

Ya Jenn, that you me with the deleted comments, I was in then I thought about it and thought I won't be ready in time! I'm with Andrea 5k & 10k for right now! Maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

i in too. would be fun to run with someone this time! crystal