Friday, March 30, 2007

Bylund Family

It took me a while to figure this out too. It is been so great to hear what everyone is doing. So here is our update from Lubbock. Garrison is 3 1/2 and is like most little boys....rough, tough and very busy! We do a little "mom run" preschool with him and some of his friends which he really enjoys. He loves to play any sport he can and begs his Dad to play with him whenever he is home. Darren is 7 months old and weighs 22 lbs. He just cut his first tooth yesterday! It is amazing how time flies! Jared will finish his 2nd year of law school in May. I can't believe he is almost finished. We have enjoyed are time here but are anxious to be done with school and move onto the next phase of life. Lubbock has been a good place for us to be. We have made so many great friends and have enjoyed our time here. As for me I never realized how busy being a Mom could be. Some days I feel like I am so busy all day and then I look around the house and the dishwasher still needs to be unloaded and the laundry still isn't done and I wonder what I have been doing all day. I still run whenever I get the chance and do a race now and then just to keep me motivated. The kids and I are flying to Utah next month to see Andrea's new baby, and everyone else of course. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and getting out of town during finals which is always a crazy time! Bye for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa we would love to see the kids.
Can you post a picture.

Anonymous said...

umm... darren is 22 lbs at 9 months? what do you feed him? maren is 23 lbs at 27 months. at least she is heavier.
i really can't get over how big y'all's kids are. seriously. what do they eat???

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
It sounds like things are going very good. Graduation will be great! Do you know where you will be going from there?
Love, Cathy
(I just have to comment on other posts because I have yet learned how to post.):(

Lisa said...

Mom,
I will post a picture soon. Unfortuatley we are one of the only familes in America that don't own a digital camera so it is a bit of a process to post a pic. but I will get on soon.

Jen. Correction Darren is 22lbs. and only 7 months old. I honestly don't know why he is so big. But if this gives you a better understanding of my kids size, there Dad weighed 29lbs. at 9 months. So I guess you could say it's genetic. He is in the 95 percentile in height and weight.

Cathy, Jared won't Graduate until May 2008. So just one more year! We don't have any idea where we will be after that.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Genetics certainly play a role in a baby's weight, but I have to think you are feeding him lead or something. You know lead is bad for babies, right? Was Garrison that big too?
With you as my witnesses, I hereby pledge to quit whining about how heavy Maren is to carry around (at least for this day and perhaps for the duration of a whole week, when I remember that she weighs in at the 6th percentile).
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

did jared have his other interview in dallas yet? good to hear from you
cassie

Anonymous said...

did jared have his other interview in dallas yet? good to hear from you
cassie

Anonymous said...

Grandma says Hi to all and I am just about to start carrying around my pictures to prove that I have 24 great grands and 5 more yet to come this year. By the way Cassie, I need new pictures of Sophia. The one I have is a baby picture. Wallet sizes please. I will try to do this right when I have time to figure it out. It is such a great idea. thanks Jen.