Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Texas Stewarts


okay finally figured this thing out- I think. I almost started a family blog of our own awhile back but this is a much better idea- to group it so we can all keep up with each other.

A little update from the Stewart clan in Dallas...

Dan is enjoying his job as an immigration attorney. I will be the proud wife who gives you more details than he ever would. He just won his first big case the other day in which he convinced a judge to give a man from Egypt asylum. The guy is in our ward and when we moved in several months ago the bishopric asked if Dan would take his case. The guy was tortured in Egypt for being a Christian and was certain that if he went back he would surely face even death for being baptized into the LDS church. Dan has been working on this case pro bono and it has sorda been his "calling" in church because he spent so many hours on it. The ward fasted and prayed that things would turn out although the odds were against the guy and Dan was pretty sure he would be sent back. Anyway, to his surprise he won and the Lord had a hand in it we are sure-along with Dan's hard work :). He works on some very interesting cases and is staying busy learning all he can in his new career finding time to play a little rugby once a week and on some weekends.
I am 32 weeks pregnant with our third girl who we are all anxiously ready to meet (although choosing a name has been hard) I realized I have no belly shots of this one and am having some taken next week so maybe i will post soon. I am excited for her to come already but at the same time enjoying the time with just two as I know it will be a change. I will not have much help after this birth (as most of you know my mom has little kids of her own and has a hard time getting away) These are the times I know living around family would be soooo nice. I am planning a water birth at home which we are excited about - I will have a huge pool set up in my living room in about four weeks- it will be interesting i'm sure. I have been an adoption worker for over a year now and enjoy the work and flexibility of it. I love watching all these families adopt babies!

Ava is 4 years old and is already my little helper. She LOVES being a big sister and plays so well with Sophia. She is in a music class (singing and dancing) which is her passion right now. She just finished basketball and is on a YMCA soccer team right now. I home preschool her and she loves getting her workbooks out and doing "school"

Sophia will be two next month and I don't think there is anything she does not say yet. She talks more than we remember Ava talking at 2 and it is probably due to her chatty sister who likes to sit down and teach her all she can. We are amazed at all the sentences she says in her tiny voice and she even spit out the whole verse of twinkle twinkle little star the other day. She loves to play dress up and any imaginary play with her big sis.

Well, that is what we are up to over here in Dallas. I will try not to let too much time go by so that I don't have to blog this much again. Hope to hear from all of you soon. My thanks to Deanne as well for keeping us updated on the Payson clan.

3 comments:

stewart family said...

I can't believe Sophia and Camille are already talking so much. Maren is still in the Stop! No! Please and bye-bye phase. I can tell she has more to say, she blabbers all the time and gets really frustrated when we don't respond to her - but she just doesn't have talking down yet! Thanks for the update on Dan's case. You never told me he won. Must have been a very proud moment for him (and you). It was for me when I read it.
-Jennifer

Jesse said...

I was telling Patty this morning that it would be funny to get all these little girls together to play. It would be a hoot!

Jesse

Lisa said...

I feel bad you will be on your own after you have the baby. Jared has another interview in Dallas on Friday so if things work out with that we may just be in town and I can come get the girls and let you get a little rest!