Wednesday, March 28, 2007


I’ll join in with a quick post. I love Jen’s idea of the family blog I’ll make sure I try to keep you all up to date with our doings. Patty says I’m good at talking about myself, so this should be easy.

We live in Payson, a few blocks from grandma and about 100 yards from the school where Curt and I teach. I see Curt everyday. We run and lift weights, in the mornings together and visit in the halls when we get a chance during the day, it’s great.

Patty is due in June with child number 3 and daughter number 2. We are still trying to find a name. Any ideas? We’ll be sure to run it by you all if you promise not to steal it. Jacob and Maya keep us busy, you all know about that. Maya loves to use her princess voice and say, “never.” Jacob likes to ride his bike and check on his bunnies.( have a few rabbits he got for his birthday last year.) They are both looking forward to the new baby sister. I’m sure many of you have also heard the news that mom will be moving in across the street. Jacob can’t wait to ride his bike over to Nana’s house.

Patty works part time as a labor nurse at the hospital and knows more people in Payson than I do now. She enjoys her work and I think they like her there also.

The last few summers we have been taking our family to Mexico to work with orphaned children. Last year was the first summer as our own organization. With the support of Rex Head, the founder of Orphanage Support Services Organization (osso), Patty and I launched OSSOMEX. Our focus is to help orphaned children have a memorable summer vacation that they would otherwise not have. In the process we help the kids get a few things to help make their life more comfortable. We help buy things like shoes and socks, and a few school supplies. We enlist the help of American families to do this. Andrea, Anthony and their family went with us last summer. Jen and Slade sent some of their good friends down with us also. However, due the new little one this summer we are going to wait to do our trip until December.

So, this summer we plan to be home and enjoy the Payson summer. I plan to race mountain bikes again and talk about it as much as I can to anyone who will listen. Patty and the kids are a great support to me with this passion of mine. They like to travel to the races and Maya and Jacob cheer me on. Jacob has plans to try a few also.

I look forward to hearing from the family. I know it sounds cliché, but the years just go by so fast and it’s so easy to lose touch with each other. I promise I’ll do better and keeping in touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO not giving you any girl name ideas - we're already bummed you've taken Maya out of the running for us. (People tell us same names over second cousins is ok, but somehow it isn't for our family, is it?) We should just be sharing our cast-off names, names we reject cause they sound dumb with our last names or because they are names of old flames...
Post a picture of Maya sometime.