Friday, March 23, 2007

welcome family

So here we are, all together at last at a virtual family reunion. This is the best we can pull off for the time being - several of us live too far away to get back as often as we'd like and have too many kids to make it practical or affordable to do so. And while DeeAnn is pretty darn good at keeping me abreast of big news, I miss hearing about little things about your lives and frankly, I'd like to see more of your families than the standard christmas card issue. Does Layne ever wear mismatched clothes? Does Tyler ever frown? Do y'all's babies ever wear clothes besides hats when they are little?

I considered starting up a Stewart family website, but really, that means enlisting Slade to build and maintain it and when I started telling him all the things I wanted our website to do... well, he basically told me no. Blogging is very new to me so I don't know exactly how this will come off, but lets give it a go. Lets all try to post something new every couple of months, or how ever often you feel the urge. The rest of us will have opportunity to respond and start dialogues. That could be a lot of fun. If you have your own blogs elsewhere you don't mind sharing, copy links for us.

Let me know if you have technical problems - not that I could help, really, but at least I'd understand your silence. And Grandma, this could mean one-stop shopping for you. You can communicate to all of us at once! Whatever will you do with the time you save?

I'll start us off sometime in the next few days.

Affection,
Jennifer

2 comments:

DeeAnn said...

Jen thanks for making this possible. I heard about it while in Woodruff getting acquainted with my new little Kaitlen and trying to entertain Savannah and Samuel so Andrea could get some rest.
Wow I am amazed how much everyone has written so far.
I noticed too that DeeAnn seems to be a hard name to spell so remember that in naming your new little ones......

stewart family said...

DeeAnn is not hard to spell as long as you remember that its different than the standard Deanne. I hope you will find a few min to post news of you - especially since there is a new house involved...send pics of jeff too. hope you are well and enjoying little kaitlen. its so good that you can take the time to be with Andrea and her family.
Maren is stealing cookies and screaming 'mine' in case I might try to stop her. Better run.
Jennifer