Wednesday, April 25, 2007

20 Days and Counting

20 days left in the shcool year. No, it's not Cody blogging. It's Curt! So what if I'm excited?! I have to cling to my Holy Grail of teachers' perks. It's going to be a grrreeeaaaat summer with non-stop golfing, fishing, and--oh wait--watching kids and doing yard work (I can't make it sound too fun or you'll all be running out to become teachers). Ask Jesse, if you saw some of the characters I deal with, you'd be ready for a break too.

All's well here. Derek swallowed a marble and thought he was going to die. We think it has passed, but we're not sure. He loves westerns, especially John Wayne movies. Grandpa would have got a kick out of him. He wants to try riding his bike without training wheels this year, but is worried because the last time we tried it he told me his bike was "wobbly." He looks like a ten-year-old on his little bike. Laynie is tryng to deal with being knocked off her diva pedestal by little Alex. She's three going on 15; and if anyone knows what 15-year-old girls are like, it's me. She refuses to wear anything but skirts. Alex is cute. She likes to eat.

Jill's well. She's dreading going back to work, but guess what?! I got 20 days left! Ha!

Curt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still not sure I can use my own name so decided since I am short of time I would come in on anonymous again. Good for you Curt and Jesse, you both knew what you were doing when you became teachers to have that break in the summer to do something else. I know you both help a lot with the kids too so that helps give your wives a break to, something most of us of the past generations didn't get much. I am getting really busy and it is going to getr worse for me in the summer as they say these streets are like a freeway then. not looking forward to that as I love the peacefulness of this place that is like stepping back in time in more ways than one. You are getting pretty lax in the blogging everyone who hasn't posted for a while. Lets hear from you. I guess little Kaitlen will receive her name this Sunday. Send pictures. Love Grandma