Monday, April 9, 2007

Sacramento Easter Weekend


We had a nice weekend out here. Weather was perfect and we took advantage of it to go up to Lake Tahoe for a little day hike to Fallen Leaf Lake, a wilder, smaller lake which sits next to L. Tahoe. I LOVE it up there and wonder what I'll need to do to afford a quaint little summer cottage in those mountains, by that lake. I suppose I'll have to stop buying shoes or something.

Here is my E at the lake, in a rare moment when he wasn't complaining. It was super windy but super beautiful. (My kid is pretty nice looking too, don't you think?)


Maren approves of Easter. I think our little lesson about the significance of the occasion and the blessing of new beginnings went over her head, but she totally got the candy-in-the-eggs part. Or, perhaps, as Dad pointed out, this lesson is so obvious to her, she can't see why anyone would bother to discuss it. And me, I can't talk enough about the concept. I shout out: THANK GOODNESS for new beginnings! Slade and I have decided its a much better time of year to make new resolutions. What do you think?

This is the cat who adopted us, Michi. Typically Maren is not caressing him with flowers but rather prefers to poke him with sticks or chase him with rocks. He is a good sport, though, and I guess he figures that price of abuse is worth paying to hang around our family. I admit I find this flattering.

Affection,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a fun easter, Lake Tahoe really is a beautiful place. We had a great time at my moms house. The kids couldn't beleive how much fun Easter was. I'll have to post some pics later.

Anonymous said...

We think that Michi just "gets" the unconditial love part. Some days are better than others :o)

Our Easter was wonderful. It froze on Saturday... yes... in Texas! Sunday we went to Mass and had a moving Renewal ceremony, then to brunch where we ran into friends (seems like 1/2 the town decided to brunch at Chez Zee- ok so I exaggerate a bit here. In the afternoon we took Mariah and two of her friends to a park right on the lake and then to Mozart for lattes and sconces while we all read the comics from the newspaper aloud (probably to the annoyance of the other patrons).

Sorry, we didn't do pictures. I totally forgot to take my camera.