Monday, April 9, 2007

I'm on Board

I'm going to start posting more regularly (Jill will provide the photos).

Regarding your Disneyland inquiry Jennifer, I'm glad you've finally decided to expose your children to paradise. We usually stay at the Fairfield by Marriott. It's affordable and close (It's right across the street from the park's main entrance). As far as season, I like the early summer season which begins after Father's Day (you get all the parades and fireworks that way). If you don't want to deal with the crowds, you should go during the winter months, but know you miss out on some of the extended hour stuff. My most important piece of advice would be to just go with the experience; don't freak out about the prices and crowds or you'll be miserable (my brother-in-laws on the Tuttle side). It is what it is; Derek and Laynie have been acculturated as Burtons and think it's pretty cool place. I corrupt everyone.

I'm still educating the nation's youth, and the nation's youth are educating me as well. Jesse and I get the biggest kick out of watching "the junior high game". Jesse teaches right across the hall from me and every year we get a new batch of kids that enteratain us. I guess that's part of the allure of teaching: "the show".

I've taken up marathon running. I enjoy it. I don't run at a race-winning pace or anything like that, but I do enjoy the training and racing. I'm running the Ogden Marathon on May 19th. I'll post some pictures.

Baby's cute. We can't decide if she looks like Derek or Laynie. Her official name is Alexa Naomi Burton, but I've just been calling her baby. She's cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you. i don't know why i'm just now seeing your post... thanks for the advice on disneyland. we are planning a trip and will let you know how it all went for us.
am impressed about the marathons. they are good things to do and i think i'd benefit immensely if i undertook the same sort of commitment. now is not the right time, clearly, but i've already looked into what runs are taking place around sacramento next year.

do you find your job teaching middle school students easy?

Mr. Burton said...

Regarding your middle school question, no. However it is very rewarding. Running is rewarding too (I just wish it didn't hurt so much). It does help keep me in shape though.