Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Hooray!


I'm so glad this is a success, though not a surprise. Two things we are all good at is enjoying good food and wanting to keep in touch with each other. Good for us (on both accounts.) Has anyone heard from Parry or Cory lately? I, for one, would love to see little Sydney. Hey guys! Write to us sometime!

Congratulations to all on these new babies! I just got Alexa's baby announcement and it is really adorable. Hats off to Jill (again...). Slade took one look at it and just said, "You want a Mac, don't you?" He then acknowledged that it was very cute. And not just the idea of it - you have cute kids, Jill and Curt! Actually, thats another thing we do well : pretty kids. Who is next at bat? Cassie, right? Then Catie? Am I still the caboose? (I don't want to be the caboose. It makes the wait even longer...)

I'm posting a picture of Mariah on her behalf. She's cute, isn't she? I thought the Payson-ites would be interested to see how much she has changed. Am also posting a pic of Slade watching this past Sunday's conference. I suppose this is the great disadvantage of watching at home... In his defense, we haven't been getting much rest around here. It was funny because at one point, I dozed off too. I woke up with Ethan standing by the TV turning it off. I asked him why he was turning it off and he replied, "Well, no one is actually watching it!"I looked around and sure enough, Slade and Stephen were both dead asleep. We did enjoy the parts we caught, however, especially Oaks' talk. Outstanding. So good to have someone stand up and give straight talk about marriage and such.

My little brother, Stephen, is in town visiting from Canada over his Spring Break. It has been good to have him and you'll be interested to know that he's not so quirky anymore. I find this a little sad, but its probably better for his social relationships. Ethan is delighted to have "Uncle Kris" here to play with and Slade is delighted to have an eager chess contender. They talk so much trash around these games that really, a ton is at stake when they play. The only other bit of good news is that Ethan was accepted in a Spanish program kindergarten. This is a big deal since there aren't any other programs like this around here (surprising, isn't it?) Most instruction will still be in English, but any Spanish is better than none!

Hope you are all well and that you keep posting. Its great to hear from you.
Jennifer
PS. Burtons, you are being severely under-represented!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, since I'm not 100% of the proper blog protocol, I'll respond to Jesse's response on this latest posting (in an effort to save readers having to go too far back.

Jesse, since this is more of a family trip for you all (to Mexico), we don't want to intrude, but thank you for your generosity, maybe we can do it next year? Jennifer has suggested we meet her in Utah for this Thanksgiving instead of Sacramento, although Kerbey is a bit concerned about Jennifer's ability to travel with a new born. But we are definitely mulling it over. It'd be great chance to meet everyone, if we can also make room for my 22 year old since she usually comes home.

Isabella

Anonymous said...

My newborn will be almost 4 months old and will probably behave much better than my Maren (in fact, its hard to act much worse than Maren while traveling) so we don't have a problem traveling to Utah for Thanksgiving. Still, let me know how you want to proceed. I understand your hesitation if you think Ashley would be overwhelmed, though my cousins would certainly make her feel welcome! Curt, another shrimp fest? Candace, a cheesecake with a few jokes on the side?
I'll let Jesse respond to the Mexico thing, Isabella. Jesse, if you are down there on a sort of reconnaisance mission, you might be interested in putting Isabella to work. She has a knack for making good impressions and she looks somewhat less foreign than, say, a tall blonde guy might.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I am ever amazed how much these little ones look like their dads when the moms to all the hard work getting them here. I try to see the moms in them but Curt has marked his and Jesse, Anthony Jared, Dave, Colby with the exception of Ava and Jace the rest are dominately their fathers kids. Even you Jennifer are your dads and the twins too. How does that work I wonder? At least they are all cute and thats the main thing.
Yes anyone is welcome to come anytime and we will roll out the red carpet and laughter.

stewart family said...

Yes, DeeAnn, it is weird how our kids favor their dads. we got lucky with the guys born in the family and makes me glad we girls all chose decent looking husbands!
just for the record though, ethan really looks more like a stewart these days than he does a gauntt. its been surprising to watch his little face change as much as it has.
jennifer (again...)

Slade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Since everyone is posting here I'll add to the list. Boy Maraih sure is a beauty, I can't beleive how old you are getting. I agree with Jen I think Ethan looks like a stewart and reminds me of pictures I've seen of the twins.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It would be great to have you come to Utah for a visit. Candace and Curt are always up for a party. Were not sure how Jill and Dave feel about it but they are really good sports. Jen you are right the baby will travel the best.
Love Ya,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Grandma says, I just about missed these comments. Is there 2 pages. yes as Andrea says someone needs to take me under their wing and make sure I can post under my own name and not annonymus as that seems to be Cathy's spot. I just posted a short letter on the actural site address Jennifer thinking it would come to you. All is well here as I am recovered from my injury pretty much. Happy Easter to all. The pictures are all darling. I know I have the cutest great-grandchildren in the world.