Friday, April 27, 2007

need a ride?

Good to hear from you all. Patty and I have been busy working in the yard. We are looking forward to helping my mom move. It looks like she will be moving in the next few weeks. Last night I went over there to help her move a few things. It was funny. Jacob wants to bring all the treasures home.
Yesterday I brought Maya with me to school for a while. It's a tradition I guess we started last year with Jacob. They get a big kick out of it. I think it's good for my students to see that I have a life outside of the classroom as well. I think some of the students figure we just live here and grade papers around the clock. They forget we are people too.
Two weeks ago Patty and I bought a new car. I say car, well its not much of a car it's a 15 passenger van. We bought it to use for our orphanage support excursions, but it's been more fun just to see the reaction of people when they see it. I guess most people don't think vans are cool, but boy is it a smooth ride. Curt, Jill, Derek, Lanie, Alexi, Maya, Jacob and I took it to the children's museum over spring break. We put Jacob and Derek on the very back row. It was funny to see their heads way, way back there bobbing up and down. It has reminded me of the Clothe Shop van back when we were kids. We'd get all loaded up in there -sitting on lawn chairs, swings, or each other. Good times.
This weekend is Andrea's baby blessing. It should be nice. I'm looking forward to being with Lisa and her kids.

Jeff and I are heading to Guatemala at the end of May. A month before patty delivers. Not the best timing, let's just hope we get back in time. We plan to travel via the hippy central American chicken bus route dressed as Mormon missionaries, for safety purposes, not to proselytize. I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and showing Jeff the people I grew to love so much as a missionary. We have a basic itinerary,do as much as we can, but still kick back and enjoy Guate. It's been 9 years since my mission and 5 since I've been back. so if any of you have travel tips for Guate or Belize let me know.

FYI patty and I have talked about a trip to Navoo in April of 08 I think the week of the 20th or so. We are thinking it will be the last of grandma's mission so we could help bring her home. It might be fun if others want to join us/meet us there for a few days, do a bit of an informal reunion there with grandma.

Later,

Jesse

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

jesse, PLEASE post a picture of the van you just bought!
slade is taking ethan to work with him too - though i'm not sure how he thinks he will get anything done with the child around. i have a hard time accomplishing much with E around, even though he has toys and movies everywhere.
am i the only one who has an incessant talker on their hands? deeann, cathy and grandma will tell me this is karma, huh?
jen

Jesse said...

Maya talks all day non-stop last night at about 11 she we in her room talking away all by her self.

I'll send you some pictures of the sweet new ride soon.

Jesse

Anonymous said...

It was quite the adventure going to and from Woodruff yesterday in the "new ride". Jacob and Garrison had to have me in the middle of them and then Maya was crying cause she wanted me by her so I split the ride up and moved from seat to seat. finally needing a little less hubub I moved to the back row with quiet baby Darren who I just enjoyed sitting by and getting to know him a little better. I sent Lisa up by Maya and Jeff wrestled between the two boys in the middle. What a hoot it all was.....Patty was very ready to get home and now she is not so sure about going on any trip to Nauvoo with a van full of kids. But Jesse is right it is these times that make memories. I will never forget the time we crammed Cathy's and my kids into her little rabbit and all went to the zoo. I am not sure if we had Jim's 3 with us but it felt like we did. Like 9 children under 5 and not one car seat! Lisa was the baby then. What a day we had!
I too am enjoying having Lisa and the boys here I just feel bad it is going to be such a hectic time moving. I am excited about the change and hope it all goes smoothly. I'll see if I can post a picture.
DeeAnn

Dawna said...

Jesse, yes we need a picture of your new van. I also havn't seen a blog from you since this one. Are you getting busier at school?
Loved Dee Anns story about the trip to woodruff.