Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Receipes

I don't know about you all but thinking of somthing to make for dinner is my least favorite part of the day, especially when I try to add a little variety to menu. Do you find yourself always making the same things. I really hate trying a new recipe only find out that no one including myself wants to eat it. My husband is always very sweet and eats anything I prepare even if mine ends up in the garbage. I have a hard time making my kids eat something that I know if gross. So I thought it would be fun to get some of your full proof recipes that your families love. I'll start: This is one of our favorites and it is so easy.

Pasta Shells
cook 24 jumbo shells
Combine 5 oz cottage cheese, 2 c. motzarella, 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, 1 egg in a bowl
1 jar pasta sauce
pour half of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish
once the shell are cooked stuff them with the cheese mixture then lay them on the pasta sauce, pour the remaining pasta sauce over the shells and sprinkle with motzarella. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until heated through.
This makes a lot more then my family can eat in one sitting so I usually do one dish for now and one for latter(I cover it and freeze it for latter)

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions on the recipe. I'll post more of my favorites latter.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

If you aren't ever sure who a post is from just look for spelling errors and you can be sure it is from Andrea.....sorry for all my typos, I always notice them after I post it. I'd blame it on my newborn, but my family know better....:)