Wednesday, May 9, 2007

california dreamin'



Kehoe Beach
Slade and I just got back from a 3day getaway to the coast. We left the children with a great friend and off we went. We stayed at Point Reyes Station and visited a couple of beaches in this enormous national park. Its an amazing and inspiring place - very wild, very isolated and quite my cup of tea. We were the only ones on this particular beach to watch the sunset and it really doesn't get much more romantic than this (unless, of course, you get rid of the belly... ) and speaking of belly, thought you'd be amused to see a recent belly shot. Just so you know, it feels much bigger than it looks.
Cassie, I know you have at least one great belly pic you can post and I'd love to see Catie and Patty too. Note aside, have Catie, Cregg and Candace heard about that new thing called the Internet? Someone ought to pull them aside and introduce them to this expansive new world...
So here is my offer: you come see me (preferably after baby is born) and I will take you to the beach. Its only about 2 hours from my house.
Keep up the new postings. Its great fun to hear from everyone. DeeAnn, best wishes for a smoooth mooove!
Jennifer & Slade (but not our kids)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen what beautiful pictures. We in Utah forget that California is more than big dirty cities and Disneyland. Thanks for reminding us of its solitude and beauty.
i enjoyed seeing your belly it makes the pregnancy more real. Still in the naming battle or have you narrowed it down a little?
Candace doesn't have a computer and Catie does e mail but I guess doesn't blog. She is looking pretty ready to deliver and has that glow about her all of you get that last week or so. Patty is shy about pcitures especially when expecting so I doubt we'll see one of her belly. These next babies will be boom boom boom and most likely hard to keep straight who came first.

Andrea said...

Those certainly are beautiful pictures, I think I need a california beach vacation :) Enjoy those times with you hub. before #3 comes the time together gets even harder to pull off. You look so cute pregnant, I don't think that I've ever seen you pregnant?

Lisa said...

I am glad you appreciate what a beautiful place you live in. Althought Lubbock is a nice place to live, it is lacking in secenary!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful you look! You know how I am about the ocean and any water for that matter. I really miss not seeing it but the Mississippi is incredible at times. especially at sunset. So happy you take time to be together alone. Andrea is right it does get harder with each new baby. I remember that well. Slade looks pretty deep in thought. Love grandma